Ardian sells 422MW Spanish wind assets
Ardian has agreed to sell a portfolio of renewable energy assets in Spain, including 12 wind farms totalling 422MW, to Spanish utility Naturgy.
The portfolio also includes a 435MW hybrid solar farm, and is part of a larger platform called ASR Wind that contains an additional 1GW of assets in Italy and Spain that were not included in this transaction. Ardian bought 95% of the ASR Wind platform in 2019, with Exus Management Partners holding the remaining 5%. Exus is due to exit ASR Wind following this deal.
The transaction is due to conclude by the end of July and is subject to the approval of competition authorities.