Financing Wind Europe 2017
In 2017, we brought Financing Wind to the Leadenhall Building in London, for our sixth annual conference.
About this event
We brought together 150+ of the highest-level professionals from all sides of the industry: investors, owner operators and developers. As one attendee commented, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen quite the collection of people you manage to bring together!”
The day’s central themes were trends in onshore and offshore, and predictions for the future of technology, with a special focus on UK and European wind.
This event also featured the launch of the Top 100 Power People 2017, our definitive guide to who’s who in global wind.
Financing Wind attracted some of the industry’s most authoritative voices as speakers, including Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Ray Wood and MUFG’s Carol Gould.
Arrivals, registration and coffee
Open and welcome
Adam Barber, Managing Director, The Tamarindo Group
Track A: Financing Trends in Onshore Wind
Sponsored by RINA Consulting
The cost of onshore wind energy is falling, but what does this mean for investors in the sector? This session covers key onshore wind financing trends in Europe and the US, including the move to competitive tenders, changing investor types, and corporate PPAs.
- Richard Heap, Editor, A Word About Wind
- David Jones, Head of Renewable Energy, Allianz Capital Partners
- Mortimer Menzel, Partner, Augusta & Co
- Loma Shearin, Managing Director, RBC Capital Markets
- Raymond Wood, MD Global Head of Power, Utilities & Renewables, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Track B: Financing Trends in Offshore Wind
Sponsored by Green Investment Group
It has been a transformational 12 months for offshore wind. This session will cover topics including zero-subsidy projects, turbine trends and finance.
- John Pickett, Partner, Linklaters
- Mark Dooley, Head of Energy & Infrastructure, Macquarie Capital Europe
- Carol Gould, Head of Power & Renewables, MUFG
- Miruna Onofrei, Director Energy & Infrastructure, BNP Paribas
- Michael van der Heijden, Managing Director, Amsterdam Capital Partners
Track C: Future Growth in Wind
Sponsored by Romax Technology
How will the global wind industry evolve in the next five years? This session will look at new trends in technology and finance, and emerging markets.
- Evgenia Golysheva, Head of Consultancy, Romax InSight UK
- Keith Anderson, CEO, Scottish Power Renewables
- Jerome Guillet, Managing Director, Green Giraffe
- Siobhan Smyth, Head of Debt & Energy (EMEN Asia), Siemens Bank
- Ward Thomas, President & CEO, Sentient Science
Networking lunch and drinks
Complimentary copies of the Top 100 Power People report made available to participants and delegates.