How investors can recycle capital and find attractive assets in a competitive market.
About this report
This report, in partnership with RealPort, looks at the issues with equity recycling, which is vital to the growth plans of wind owners and operators.
There is no shortage of investor interest in wind and solar assets. While this is good for the renewables industry, it also means that fierce competition for renewable energy assets brings challenges for wind and solar operators. Companies may find it simple to sell assets, or equity stakes in them, so they can raise capital. But they may then struggle to re-deploy the capital they have raised in new assets with potential returns that match their risk appetite.
In this report we look at this issue, based on a Wind Investment Boardroom session that we ran with headline sponsor RealPort and a panel of wind farm owners, developers and other stakeholders on 16th September.
The report is based on a Wind Investment Boardroom session that we ran with headline sponsor RealPort on 16th September. Thank you to the panellists for their contribution:
- Nicholas Cole, Director, Financial Assurance, DNV
- Siobhan McAdam, Investment Strategy Manager in Generation, ESB
- Andreas Zettergren, Partner, Mannheimer Swartling
- Mathias Bimberg, Head of Infrastructure, Prime Capital
- Ekow Yankah, CEO, RealPort
- Ralph Drueppel, Director Valuation and Analysis, RealPort
- Simon Robinson, Head of Investments, RedRock Power
- Doreen Abeysundra, Senior Investment Manager, Siemens Financial Services
- David Rooney, VP of Sales, Hub UK, Siemens Gamesa