Adam Barber speaks to Mo Dua, WindESCo.
Financing Wind Inside Investment 2020
Global focus: who’s driving wind investment globally?
This session looks at the investors who are driving wind investment globally. Including institutional investors, corporates, IPPs, utilities, sovereign wealth funds. Wind is a global market and this will deal with global issues:
- What impact has Covid-19 had on wind’s prospects in these key regions?
- How will China’s 2060 net zero target affect wind investment globally?
- Do you expect oil giants to have a huge impact on wind in the 2020s?
- Will the emergence of new technologies - such as green hydrogen and energy storage – draw in new types of investors into wind?
- Can firms with a wind-focused strategy thrive in such a multi-technology market?
- What are the risks to the industry if they don’t continue to improve here?
- Do investors take enough interest in O&M at wind farms? Do you expect this to change in the next 2 to 5 years?
- What role do you foresee for artificial intelligence and machine learning in the global wind sector?
- Kasper Dalsten - Senior Director, Head of Commercial Management for Global Development, Vestas Wind Systems A/S
- Mo Dua - Founder and CRO, WindESCo
- Julian Harland - Sales Director, EOLOS Floating Lidar Solutions
- Sean Whittaker - Principal Renewable Energy Specialist, International Finance Corporation (IFC)