Adam Barber speaks to Mo Dua, WindESCo.
Financing Wind Inside Investment 2020
Investing in North America and policy landscape
This session will look at the prospects for onshore wind and offshore wind in the US following the recent US election.
- Which types of investors are driving the growth of wind in North America?
- Which North American onshore wind markets will be key destinations for investors?
- What impact will the US election result have on wind investment up until 2025?
- Would you expect to see another surprise extension of the production tax credit?
- Are you confident in the prospects for growth in US offshore wind in the 2020s?
- We have seen California establishing itself as an early leader in energy storage as a way to mitigate the impact of wildfires. Do you expect the country to emerge as a leader in the energy storage market globally? Will this support further growth in wind too?
- Are we ever going to find solutions to the challenge of building transmission?
- Do you expect Covid-19 to have long-term impacts on wind in North America?
- Evgenia Golysheva - Engineering ManageR, ONYX InSight
- Jim Trousdale - Chief Financial Officer, Apex Clean Energy
- Sandhya Ganapathy - Corporate Head of Investments and M&A, EDP Renewables
- Martin Torres - Managing Director, BlackRock